Number of Recipients: 4
Open Date: Jan 01, 2017
Close Date: Apr 01, 2017
Close Time: 3 p.m.
Award Date: Aug. 1, 2017
AICPA/Accountemps Student Scholarship is one of four awards provided through the AICPA Legacy Scholars program. All applications must be completed and submitted by the deadline to be considered. Students interested in being considered for more than one AICPA Legacy Scholarship award need only complete one application—applicants will be evaluated for all awards for which they are eligible.
Scholarship aid may be used only for the payment of expenses that directly relate to obtaining an accounting education (e.g.; tuition, fees, room and board, and/or books and materials). Awards are non-renewable and past recipients may not re-apply. Payments are sent directly to the student's financial aid office on behalf of the student.
Students selected to receive an AICPA Legacy Scholarship award must participate in the AICPA Legacy Scholars program which includes completing at least eight hours of community service planning - and hosting on-campus events to advocate for the CPA profession. Through their efforts, AICPA Legacy Scholars enhance their leadership and communication skills by building relationships with both aspiring and seasoned CPAs. Learn more at ThisWayToCPA.com/AICPAScholarships.
Accountemps is proud to sponsor the 2017-18 AICPA/Accountemps Student Scholarship Award, providing financial assistance to outstanding accounting students who demonstrate potential to become leaders in the CPA profession.
A Robert Half company, Accountemps is a specialized temp agency for accounting, finance and bookkeeping professionals. Robert Half, the parent company of Accountemps, also contributes to the AICPA Scholarship Award for Minority Accounting Students.
An eligible applicant must be/have:
- Pursuing an undergraduate or graduate-level degree in an accounting or accounting-related major. (Accounting-related shall be as determined by Sponsors in Sponsors’ sole discretion.)
- Planning to pursue the CPA licensure but not presently be a CPA.
- Attending a public or private, not-for-profit (501(c)) four-year college or university in the U.S. or territories for the full 2017-18 academic year.
- Enrolled in a business and/or accounting program that is accredited by the AACSB and/or ACBSP for the full 2017-18 academic year.
- Completed at least 30 semester hours (or equivalent) of college coursework, including at least 6 semester hours (or equivalent) in accounting, by end of spring 2017.
- Maintaining an overall and major GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate (12 semester hours or equivalent) or a full-time graduate level student (9 semester hours or equivalent) for the 2017-18 academic year. (Note: an exception may be granted if you plan to participate in an internship)
- An AICPA Student Affiliate member (or have submitted a new member application). Apply online at no cost: www.thiswaytocpa.com/aicpa-student-membership.
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder).
- Some financial need (i.e., not receiving a full or partial scholarship(s) and/or grant(s) that cover and/or exceed one’s educational expenses).
- Planning to participate in the AICPA Legacy Scholars program for the full 2017-18 academic year.
Note: AICPA, CIMA and Robert Half staff and their family members are not eligible to receive this scholarship.