AWSCPA Scholarship Award
Number of Recipients: 4
Sponsor: The AICPA Foundation and the AICPA’s Women’s Initiatives Executive Committee
Open Date: Dec 01, 2018
Close Date: Mar 01, 2019
Close Time: 3 p.m.
**Details on the 2020-21 scholarship season will be posted later this year**
The AWSCPA Scholarship Award is part of the AICPA Legacy Scholars program. This award provides financial assistance to outstanding female students majoring in accounting or an accounting-related field. All applications must be completed and submitted by the deadline to be considered. Students interested in being considered for more than one AICPA Legacy Scholarship awards need only complete one application—applicants will be evaluated for all awards for which they are eligible.
Scholarship aid may be used only for the payment of expenses that directly relate to obtaining an accounting education (e.g.; tuition, fees, room and board, and/or books and materials). Awards are non-renewable and past recipients may not re-apply. Payments are sent directly to the student's financial aid office on behalf of the student.
All eligible applicants must be/have:
- A woman pursuing an undergraduate or graduate-level degree in an accounting or accounting-related major (Accounting-related shall be as determined by Sponsors in Sponsor’s sole discretion).
- Planning to pursue the CPA licensure but not presently be a CPA.
- Attending a public or private, not-for-profit (501(c)) four-year college or university in the U.S. or territories for the full 2019-20 academic year.
- Enrolled in a business and/or accounting program that is accredited by the AACSB and/or ACBSP for the full 2019-20 academic year.
- Completed at least 30 semester hours (or equivalent) of college coursework, including at least 6 semester hours (or equivalent) in accounting, by end of spring 2019.
- Maintaining an overall and major GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate (12 semester hours or equivalent) or a full-time graduate level student (9 semester hours or equivalent) for the 2019-20 academic year (Note: an exception may be granted if you plan to participate in an internship).
- An AICPA Student Affiliate member (or have submitted a new member application). Apply online at no cost: https://thiswaytocpa.com/join-aicpa/.
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder).
- Some financial need (i.e., not receiving a full or partial scholarship(s) and/or grant(s) that cover and/or exceed one’s educational expenses).
- Planning to participate in the AICPA Legacy Scholars program for the full 2019-20 academic year
Note: The Association staff and their family members are not eligible to receive this scholarship.