Sponsor: NABA - Western Region
Open Date: Aug 20, 2017
Close Date: Oct 05, 2017
Since inception, the National Association of Black Accountants, Inc. (NABA) has provided millions in scholarship funds to deserving students. Through the generous contributions of individuals, groups, and organizations that share NABA's desire to break through the economic barrier minorities often experience, NABA has offered scholarships on a national, regional and local level.
NABA Western Region Scholarship application will be accepted in its entirety if completed online by 11:59PM on Monday, October 2, 2017. Official transcripts must be postmarked by this date to be accepted. Freshman must submit a copy of their High School Transcript.
Recipients are required to attend the Western Region Student Conference (WRSC) October 12-14, 2017 in Houston, Texas. In addition, all recipients must attend the Scholarship Luncheon during the 2017 WRSC.
Actual cash awards will be made immediately following the luncheon except for any Freshman recipient(s), who will be required to submit their first quarter/semester college transcript to receive funds. CPA Review courses are non-cash awards and will be presented by November 2017.
- Be of Black/African descent who is an undergraduate accounting, finance or business major. The CPA review scholarship(s) are available to a graduating senior or graduate student in his/her last year.
- Be an ACTIVE NABA student member, whose membership dues have been received by NABA's National Office no later than October 2, 2017. Dues are $35.00 for undergraduate or graduate students. Note: Regardless of the circumstances, once becoming a professional member, you are not permitted to return to student status. Graduate students must have entered graduate school immediately after receiving their undergraduate degree.
- You must attend the NABA Western Region Student Conference in 2017 and the Scholarship Luncheon held during the 2017 WRSC to receive funding unless prior written authorization is received from the NABA Western Region Student Conference Scholarship Chair. Note: Some exceptions can be made to waive the Pre-Conference workshop requirement depending on workshop location availability.
- Be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university as a full-time undergraduate freshman, sophomore, junior, or first-year senior accounting, finance, or business major. Graduating seniors and graduate students may apply for the CPA Review Scholarship.
- Meet the minimum overall grade point average requirement of 3.0. Please provide a conversion of your grades to the "4.0 grading scale" if your college or university does not use this scale.