Sponsor: Howard University
Open Date: Mar 14, 2017
Close Date: May 15, 2017
The Accounting Scholars Development Program is a five or six day residency program for community college, tribal, and dual-enrolled high school students in the African American, Latino, Asian and Native American communities who are interested in accounting. The program increases awareness of careers in accounting and guides students through the process of transferring to institutions that offer degree programs that meet the educational requirements for CPA licensing.
Student expenses including reasonable transportation, dorm accommodations and meals will be paid for the AICPA Foundation and other program sponsors.
What to Expect
- Learn accounting and business concepts through interactive classroom exercises, firm site visits, and a comprehensive case study.
- Develop professionalism by participating in workshops focusing on resume writing, mock interviews, and professional attire.
- Experience campus living, learn about on-campus resources and meet with academic advisors from local universities and colleges.
Venue Information & Program Date
The Accounting Scholars Development Program will be offered at Howard University from July 9 - 15, 2017.
Questions / Additional Information
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional program information.
An eligible applicant must be/have:
- Enrolled in a two-year college program or dual-enrolled high school and interested in pursuing a career in accounting.
- Completed a minimum of 18 semester credit hours of study at the time of your participation.
- Maintained a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Two letters of recommendations from an academic advisor, current or past professor or someone who knows the applicant in a professional or volunteer capacity.
- Actively involved in campus or community activities or be employed.
- A U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident (green card holder).
- Not attended a past workshop.
- A member of the African American, Latino, Asian or Native American Communities.
- An AICPA Student Affiliate Member (or have submitted a new member application).