Connecticut Rising Junior Accounting Scholarship
Number of Recipients: 3
Open Date: Feb 12, 2020
Close Date: Apr 01, 2020
Close Time: 11:59 a.m.
The Accounting Scholarship Foundation of the Connecticut Society of CPAs (CTCPA) has established this scholarship to assist Connecticut accounting majors entering into their junior year of study at a four-year college or university in financing their education. This scholarship is renewable during the course of the recipient’s undergraduate college studies. A maximum of three individual scholarships of $5,000 each per year will be offered by the Accounting Scholarship Foundation to the selected recipients for a potential total of $10,000 over a two-year period.
Note: At least one Connecticut Rising Junior Accounting Scholarship is designated for a student transferring from a Connecticut community college to a four-year college or university.
All applicants must submit a completed application to the Accounting Scholarship Foundation by Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Incomplete applications will not be accepted for review.
A student may save the application and make changes up to Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Once the applicant clicks the “submit application” button, no further changes can be made.
Applications will be reviewed by the Trustees of the Accounting Scholarship Foundation and applicants may expect to be notified by early May 2020 as to whether they will be awarded one of these scholarships. The Rising Junior scholarship will be judged on factors including academic achievement, work, volunteer and leadership activities, the submitted essay, and overall presentation of self and demonstrated commitment to the accounting profession.
The scholarship will be paid via check payable directly to the selected recipient. If you are awarded a scholarship, you will be required to attend an awards ceremony (presently scheduled for May 28th) to receive your scholarship (details to follow).
- Applicant must currently be a full-time undergraduate student enrolled in an accounting program at a two- or four-year college or university. Applicants must also be (a) a Connecticut resident and/or (b) attending or transferring to a four-year accredited college or university that is located in Connecticut in the semester following the one in which this application is submitted.
- Applicant must currently be a sophomore in college (sophomore standing classification), who will be entering his/her junior year of college in the semester following the one in which this application is submitted.
- Applicant must have at least six (6) credits in accounting course work completed by the end of the current semester.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Applicant must be a CTCPA Student Member. Student Membership is free, join CTCPA at www.ctcpas.org/join
- Applicant must have an overall GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher.
- Applicant must intend to graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and pursue CPA licensure.
Email Cindy Panioto at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the Connecticut Rising Junior Scholarship.