Connecticut Rising Senior Accounting Scholarship
Number of Recipients: 1
Open Date: Feb 12, 2020
Close Date: Apr 01, 2020
Close Time: 11:59 a.m.
The Accounting Scholarship Foundation of the Connecticut Society of CPAs (CTCPA) has established this scholarship to assist Connecticut accounting majors entering into their senior year of study at a four-year college or university in financing their education. One scholarship of $5,000 will be offered by the Accounting Scholarship Foundation to the selected recipient.
All applicants must submit a completed application to the Accounting Scholarship Foundation by Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Incomplete applications will not be accepted for review.
A student may save the application and make changes up to Wednesday, April 1, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST. Once the applicant clicks the “submit application” button, no further changes can be made.
Applications will be reviewed by the Trustees of the Accounting Scholarship Foundation and applicants may expect to be notified by early May 2020 as to whether they will be awarded the scholarship. The Rising Senior scholarship will be judged on factors including academic achievement, work, volunteer and leadership activities, the submitted essay, and overall presentation of self and demonstrated commitment to the accounting profession.
The scholarship will be paid via check payable directly to the selected recipient. If you are awarded this scholarship, you will be required to attend an awards ceremony (presently scheduled for May 28th) to receive your scholarship (details to follow).
- Applicant must currently be a full-time undergraduate, declared accounting major enrolled in an accounting program at a four-year college or university. Applicants must also be (a) a Connecticut resident and/or (b) attending a four-year accredited college or university that is located in Connecticut.
- Applicant must currently be a junior in college (junior standing classification), who will be entering his/her senior year of college in the semester following the one in which this application is submitted.
- Applicants must have at least twelve (12) credits in accounting coursework completed by the end of the current semester.
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- Applicant must be a CTCPA Student Member. Student Membership is free, join CTCPA at www.ctcpas.org/join
- Applicants must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher.
- Applicants must intend to graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and pursue CPA licensure.
Email Cindy Panioto at email@example.com if you have any questions about the Connecticut Rising Senior Scholarship.