Sponsor: NABA, Inc. Atlanta Chapter
Open Date: Jan 10, 2018
Close Date: Apr 15, 2018
The National Association of Black Accountants, Inc. (NABA) – Atlanta Chapter will host the Accounting Career Awareness Program (“ACAP” or the “Program”) in June 2018. This free week long summer residency program provides minority high school students with an exciting opportunity to:
- Reside on the campus of Emory University in Atlanta, Georgia for 5 days and 4 nights;
- Visit some of Atlanta’s top Fortune 500 companies to network with Accounting and Finance professionals;
- Tour select colleges and universities in the Atlanta metropolitan area; and
- Work with other high school students in a business case study competition.
Application and Selection Process
Students, who are currently in their sophomore, junior or senior year in high school with at least a 3.0 grade point average, may complete an application for ACAP. The completed application package includes:
- The application
- A current, official academic transcript – sent separately by the registrar or in an envelope sealed by the school official,
- Two letters of recommendation—letters may be submitted by anyone who knows you well and able to attest to your character, leadership ability, commitment to community service, or academic achievement. This may include someone such as an employer, coach, high school guidance counselor, teacher, principal or mentor. It cannot be your mother, father or guardian, and
- A brief statement of interest (can be written or video)
Students must complete the entire application package to be considered for ACAP. Incomplete applications will not be considered. There will be no follow-up communication to request information not received by the application deadline.
Select applicants will be invited to an in person interview in the Atlanta area on a date, time and location chosen by the ACAP Committee. Telephone or teleconference interviews are not permissible. The tentative interview date is Saturday, May 5, 2018.
Notifications, including interview details and rejections, will be communicated via electronic mail (e-mail). Please confirm the email addresses provided in the application are accurate and legible. Failure to respond to email correspondence within the requested timeframes will be considered forfeiture of interview time.
If selected to participate in the Program, each student and one parent/guardian must attend an orientation in the Atlanta area tentatively scheduled for the morning of Saturday, May 19, 2018. Students selected for ACAP must also attend the entire Program from check-in on the afternoon of Sunday, June 24, 2018 through the awards reception on Friday, June 29, 2018. Additional rules and regulations will be provided to the students chosen to participate in the Program.
Please note that all mail is received at a PO Box, therefore please do not send application packages that require signature receipt.Contact
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. The electronic version of this application is located on the NABA, Inc. Atlanta Chapter website (www.nabaatl.org/acap/).