Washington CPA Foundation Scholarship
Amount: $5,000 - $8,000
Number of Recipients: 70
Sponsor: Washington Society of CPAs
The Washington CPA Foundation is excited to be able to offer over $400,000 in scholarships for students in Washington State. While accounting scholarships have been awarded for more than 40 years in Washington, this year we have an opportunity to help even more students on the path to pursue their dream of being a CPA. If you are a rising junior or higher, have a 3.0 GPA and above (or equivalent), attend an accredited college or university in the State of Washington and want to be a CPA – please apply!
Undergraduate and 5th year students are eligible for $5,000. Masters and PhD candidate awards will range from $5,000 to $8,000.
Start your application now and log back in to update it as often as you want through the application deadline. Remember: obtaining recommendation letters can take extra time, so start early to give your references plenty of notice.
- Attend an accredited college or university within the state of Washington
- Plan to become a CPA*
- Be entering junior year or higher in fall 2020; fifth year, masters and PhD candidates as well as community college transfers are encouraged to apply
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA (on a 4 point scale) (or equivalent) in accounting courses and overall
- Be involved in on-campus, off-campus or community activities, or hold a job
To be eligible for one of these scholarships, you must be an accounting major and:
Applications are to be completed online and require the following:
- Current resume including jobs, internships (paid or unpaid), volunteer positions and leadership roles on campus or in the community
- Transcripts (official or unofficial from all colleges attended)
- One letter of recommendation on company or university letterhead. The letter must be from a faculty member, employer, mentor or a licensed CPA. Letters must be submitted online through the application portal.
Scholarships are for tuition only and will be paid directly to the college or university listed. The Washington CPA Foundation will not authorize release of the scholarship funds directly to the recipient.
Responsibility for ensuring that the monies can be used for the quarter/semester granted lies solely with the recipient. Please verify with your school that you are in compliance with institutional rules for scholarships and that you meet all qualifications for payment to be applied to your account.
Scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the Washington CPA Foundation Scholarship Committee based on merit and passion for the profession. Scholarships are awarded without regard to age, gender, race, creed, religion, ethnic or national origin, or sexual orientation.
Students who have applied in previous years are welcome to apply again.
Contact information: email@example.com