AICPA Foundation Two-year Transfer Scholarship Award
Number of Recipients: 40
Sponsor: American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA).
Open Date: Dec 01, 2022
Close Date: Mar 15, 2023
Close Time: 11:59 p.m.
To apply, make sure you’re logged in with your AICPA student affiliate membership credentials.
AICPA Foundation Two-Year Transfer Scholarship Award is part of the AICPA Legacy Scholarships. Students interested in being considered for more than one AICPA Legacy Scholarship need to complete only one application — applicants will be evaluated for all awards for which they are eligible in the program. All applications must be completed and submitted by the deadline to be considered.
The award provides financial assistance to students looking to transfer from a two-year college to a four-year institution to complete their degree in accounting or an accounting-related field.
Scholarship payments are sent directly to the student’s financial aid office to be used towards payment of tuition and expenses directly related to obtaining a degree. This award is non-renewable and past recipients may not re-apply.
The AICPA Foundation Two-Year Transfer award was established in 2013 to recognize the diverse paths students take to become CPA professionals. Funding for this award is provided by the AICPA Foundation.
An eligible applicant must be/have:
- Currently completing courses at a two-year college/university planning to transfer with a declared intent to major in accounting or an accounting-related field at a four-year college/university during 2023.
- Payments to selected recipients are made to the four-year colleges/universities on behalf of the students.
- “Accounting-related” shall be as determined by Sponsors at Sponsors’ sole discretion).
- Planning to pursue the CPA licensure but not presently be a CPA.
- Maintained an overall and major GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Enrolling as a full-time undergraduate (12 semester hours or equivalent) or a full-time graduate level student (9 semester hours or equivalent) for the 2023-24 academic year. (Note: an exception may be granted if you plan to participate in an internship or if you are graduating upon completion of the fall 2023 semester).
- An AICPA Student Affiliate member (or have submitted a new member application). Apply online at no cost: https://thiswaytocpa.com/join-aicpa/.
- A U.S. citizen or legal permanent resident.
- Some financial need (i.e., not receiving a full or partial scholarship(s) and/or grant(s) that cover and/or exceed one’s educational expenses).
- Enrolling in a business and/or accounting program that is regionally, nationally or internationally accredited for the full 2023-24 academic year. The program must be accepted by the state board of accountancy as meeting the educational requirements necessary for CPA licensure in the state you intend to become licensed OR in the state where your program is located.
- Please visit ThisWayToCPA’s State & Territory Requirements or contact your state board of accountancy to confirm if your program meets the educational requirements necessary for CPA licensure.
- Willingness to remain engaged with the AICPA and to provide feedback for the development of this and other programs by the Association.
Note: The Association staff and their family members are not eligible to receive this scholarship.