Join the AICPA
The organization that's the authority on all things CPA.
Groups are totally worth joining—when you know which ones to join.
To break into the biz, it helps to have an in. So why not link up with folks who are all about welcoming you into the fold and helping you reach CPA-hood?
If you want the letters C-P-A at the end of your name, then you’ll definitely want to join the organization that already has them at the end of theirs. AICPA is *the* leading professional organization for CPAs—plus they write the CPA Exam, so you obviously want to get to know them. Being an AICPA Student Affiliate Member means you’ll have access to tons of great stuff to help you along the path to CPA-hood. And best of all, it’s free.
AICPA Student Affiliate Members:
- Are eligible to apply for exclusive scholarship opportunities.
- Get special discounts on not-to-be-missed conferences.
- Have access to industry news and publications such as the AICPA News Update and CPA Letter Daily via email as well as the online version of the Journal of Accountancy.
- Get exclusive discounts and offers on products and services from partners like Hertz, Dell, FedEx and many more.
Get super-valuable deals and access to the latest industry information at a fraction of even regular AICPA Member prices on:
- Essential Audit & Accounting Research Collection for $75/year
- AICPA Professional Literature Bundle—Professional Standards, Tech Practice Aids and PCAOB Standards & Rules—for $40/year (online only)
- Audit & Accounting Manual for $25
So, how do you take advantage of all these great benefits, stellar discounts and awesome perks?
First things first, log into your account on ThisWayToCPA.com.
Not a member of ThisWayToCPA yet?
Well, there’s no time like the present to connect with über accounting-minded folks like yourself. ThisWayToCPA is the perfect place to pose questions, get answers, comment on articles and converse with fellow future CPAs and industry experts.
*The AICPA Student Affiliate membership is available for those who are full or part time students enrolled in a domestic or non-U.S. college or university. If you do not fall into this category, take a look at other AICPA memberships here.
“It’s pivotal to find mentors to guide you – even if they have very different backgrounds from your own…A good mentor isn’t always easy to find. When you’re fortunate enough to establish this relationship, don’t let the opportunity pass.”
- Adriana Rodriguez, California State University, Northridge