AICPA Foundation Two-year Transfer Scholarship Award
Number of Recipients: 25
Sponsor: American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
Open Date: Dec 01, 2017
Close Date: Mar 01, 2018
Close Time: 3 p.m.
AICPA Foundation Two-Year Transfer award is one of four awards given through the AICPA Legacy Scholarship program. The award provides financial assistance to students looking to transfer from a two-year college to a four-year institution to complete their degree in accounting or an accounting-related field. All applications must be completed and submitted by the deadline to be considered. Students interested in being considered for more than one AICPA Legacy Scholarship awards need only complete one application—applicants will be evaluated for all awards for which they are eligible.
Scholarship aid may be used only for the payment of expenses that directly relate to obtaining an accounting education (e.g.; tuition, fees, room and board, and/or books and materials). Awards are non-renewable and past recipients may not re-apply. Payments are sent directly to the student's financial aid office on behalf of the student.
The AICPA Foundation Two-Year Transfer award was established in 2013 to recognize the diverse paths students take to become CPA professionals. Funding for this award is provided by the AICPA Foundation.
An eligible applicant must be/have:
- Currently completing courses at a two-year college/university planning to transfer with a declared intent to major in accounting or an accounting-related field at a four-year college/university during the scholarship year (“Accounting-related” shall be as determined by Sponsors at Sponsors’ sole discretion)
- Planning to pursue the CPA licensure but not presently be a CPA.
- Attending a public or private, not-for-profit (501(c)) four-year college or university in the U.S. or territories for the full 2018-19 academic year.
- Enrolled in a business and/or accounting program that is accredited by the AACSB and/or ACBSP for the full 2018-19 academic year.
- Maintained an overall and major GPA of at least 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- Enrolled as a full-time undergraduate (12 semester hours or equivalent) or a full-time graduate level student (9 semester hours or equivalent) for the 2018-19 academic year. (Note: an exception may be granted if you plan to participate in an internship)
- An AICPA Student Affiliate member (or have submitted a new member application). Apply online at no cost: www.thiswaytocpa.com/aicpa-student-membership.
- A U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder).
- Some financial need (i.e., not receiving a full or partial scholarship(s) and/or grant(s) that cover and/or exceed one’s educational expenses).
- Planning to participate in the AICPA Legacy Scholars program for the full 2018-19 academic year.
Note: AICPA and CIMA staff and their family members are not eligible to receive this scholarship.