Accounting Doctoral Scholars Program
Open Date: Mar 01, 2022
Close Date: Oct 15, 2022
Close Time: 11:59 a.m.
The Accounting Doctoral Scholars (ADS) Program provides financial assistance to individuals with recent public accounting experience in audit, tax, management accounting, systems, or financial analytics to earn a doctorate in accounting with an emphasis in audit, tax, management accounting , systems, or financial analytics. Conference attendees will be awarded up to $20,000, in addition to university-backed funding.
Please visit the program's website for more information: www.adsphd.org
The Accounting Doctoral Scholars Program was created in 2008 by the biggest accounting firms, in conjunction with the AICPA Foundation, to advocate for an increased number of accounting professors with real-world experience in audit and tax. The 122 original sponsors are committed to helping address the shortage of accounting faculty by providing funding for the ADS Program and by encouraging members of their organizations to consider becoming accounting faculty members.
PhDs with practical experience are essential for advancing the body of professional knowledge and to prepare talented, skilled accountants for emerging opportunities. In fact, ensuring a robust supply of accounting faculty is a recommendation of the Human Capital Subcommittee of the U.S. Treasury Secretary’s Advisory Committee on the Auditing Profession. Audit, tax, management accounting, systems, or financial analytics professionals are encouraged to seriously consider a career as an accounting professor. Your experience will contribute great insights regarding real-world issues that are frequently encountered in practice.
- CPA required
- Have a minimum of three years of professional accounting experience. A portion of that experience being within the last three years at the time of enrollment
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident (green card holder)
- Earned an undergraduate and/or master’s degree in accounting
- GMAT score of 650 or higher or equivalent GRE score (must be less than 5 years old)
- Will apply to an ADS Participating University to pursue a Ph.D. in accounting with a concentration in audit, tax, management accounting, systems, or financial analytics
- Candidates agree to teach and research, in audit, tax, management accounting, systems, or financial analytics, at a U.S. AACSB accredited university upon graduation
Contact information: ADSProgram@aicpa.org
ADS Program's home page: www.adsphd.org