Louisiana CPA Education Foundation Scholarships for Full-time, Undergraduate Accounting Majors
Amount: $500 - $2,500
Sponsor: Louisiana CPA Educational Foundation
Open Date: Jan 18, 2021
Close Date: Mar 15, 2021
Each year the Louisiana CPA Educational Foundation, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, offers scholarships to qualifying full-time, undergraduate accounting majors enrolled in a Louisiana university who are intent on remaining in Louisiana upon graduation and pursuing the CPA designation.
Scholarships are presented by the Louisiana CPA Education Foundation and are based on contributions received from members of the Society of Louisiana CPAs and other donors. Scholarship amounts range from $500 to up to $2500. Scholarships are awarded in the spring to offset funding for the next semester at a Louisiana university.
An eligible applicant must be/have:
- Current Student Membership in the Society of Louisiana CPAs.
- Currently enrolled full time in an undergraduate accounting program in a Louisiana four-year college or university when the application is filed (verification may be required)
- Intent on remaining in LA upon graduation and pursuing the CPA designation
- Successfully completed an intermediate accounting course and are a declared accounting major
- Academic achievement: 3.0 or better on a grading scale of 4.00 for accounting courses, and 2.5 overall
- Unofficial AND Official transcripts through the 2020 fall semester
- One-page essay, double-spaced, addressing the question provided
- Two reference letters: one from a current faculty member and the second from a licensed CPA or another person (nonrelative, non-educator) who can attest to your character and why you are deserving of this scholarship
All application materials must be received by March 15, 2021.
Society of Louisiana CPAs
C/O Reagan Robert
2400 Veterans Memorial Blvd., Suite 500
Kenner, LA 70062