Michigan Accountancy Foundation Final Year Scholarship Program
Sponsor: Michigan Accountancy Foundation
Open Date: Nov 01, 2021
Close Date: Jan 31, 2022
Through generous support from MICPA members, professional firms and other CPA leaders, the foundation strives to increase the number of students graduating from accounting programs and creating a positive impact on the profession. Investing in the future helps the brightest stars of today to grow and become leaders of the CPA profession tomorrow.
Each year, the Michigan Accountancy Foundation (MAF) awards scholarships to accounting students attending colleges and universities across Michigan. Accounting majors in their senior year are encouraged to apply. The MAF scholarship program seeks to build diversity within the profession and to assist current accounting majors in funding their fifth/graduate year. Several named scholarships are offered, as well as the Accountants Coalition Minority Scholarship. The number of scholarships awarded varies each year depending on the amount of available funding. On average, 8-12 students will receive scholarships.
New Benefit for Scholarship Applicants
Thanks to our partners at Surgent CPA Review, all applicants who submit a complete application will receive two months of complimentary access to the Surgent Essentials Pass CPA Review program online. MAF Scholarship recipients will receive unlimited access to the Surgent Essential Pass with no time restrictions.
Applicants must electronically submit the following documentation to MAF by January 31, 2022 no later than 11:59 PM EST in its entirety, including all written components and supplemental information. A student may save his/her application and make changes up to the deadline. Note: Only complete applications will be reviewed. Incomplete applications will not be considered. This includes applications without transcripts.
- Completed Application. In order to be considered for the scholarship, all sections of the application must be fully completed (please print clearly)
- Official transcripts, with a university/college seal for all college level coursework, including courses completed in the term prior to the application deadline of January 31, 2022 (Note: course grades for the term just prior to the deadline may be submitted separately)
- Response to the Essay Questions, which is in this application (750 words or less for all questions)
- Provide Two letters of recommendation, including one from a faculty member
- Current resume
- Declared full-time accounting major students with intention to become a Michigan CPA and have completed 120 credit hours by August 2022
- Plan to take, or have passed the Michigan CPA Exam
- Anticipate completing all Michigan CPA education requirements
- Michigan Accountancy Foundation
- Attn: Laura Bullard
- 888 W Big Beaver, Suite 550
Troy, MI 48084
- Or emailed to: MAF@micpa.org.
Please contact Laura Bullard at email@example.com for more information.