Sponsor: Michigan Accountancy Foundation
Open Date: Nov 13, 2017
Close Date: Jan 31, 2018
Through generous support from MICPA members, professional firms and other CPA leaders, the foundation strives to increase the number of students graduating from accounting programs and creating a positive impact on the profession. Investing in the future helps the brightest stars of today to grow and become leaders of the CPA profession tomorrow.
Each year, the Michigan Accountancy Foundation (MAF) awards scholarships to accounting students attending colleges and universities across Michigan. Accounting majors in their senior year are encouraged to apply. The MAF scholarship program seeks to build diversity within the profession and to assist current accounting majors in funding their fifth/graduate year. The number of scholarships awarded varies each year depending on the amount of available funding. On average, 6-8 students will receive scholarships.
Applicants must electronically submit the following documentation to MAF by January 31, 2018 no later than 11:59 PM EST in its entirety, including all written components and supplemental information. A student may save his/her application and make changes up to the deadline. Note: Only complete applications will be reviewed. Incomplete applications will not be considered. This includes applications without transcripts.
- Completed Application. In order to be considered for the scholarship, all sections of the application must be fully completed (please print clearly).
- Official transcripts, with a university/college seal for all college level coursework, including courses completed in the term prior to the application deadline of January 31, 2018. (Note: course grades for the term just prior to the deadline may be submitted separately)
- Response to the Two Essay Questions, which are in this application (500 words or less for both questions)
- Provide Two letters of recommendation, including one from a faculty member
- Current resume
- Declared full-time accounting major students with intention to become a Michigan CPA and have completed 120 credit hours by August 2018
- Plan to take, or have passed the Michigan CPA Exam
- Anticipate completing all Michigan CPA education requirements
- United State citizen or eligible for permanent employment in the United States
- Michigan Accountancy Foundation
- Attn: Rachel Lombardo
- 5480 Corporate Drive; Suite 200
- Troy, MI 48098
Please contact Rachel Lombardo at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.