NABA Central Region Student Conference
Sponsor: NABA Central Region
Open Date: Mar 15, 2018
Close Date: Aug 31, 2018
Since inception, the National Association of Black Accountants, Inc. (NABA) has provided millions in scholarship funds to deserving students. Through the generous contributions of individuals, groups, and organizations that share NABA's desire to break through the economic barrier minorities often experience, NABA has offered scholarships on a national, regional and local level.
Scholarship applications will be accepted from March 15th - August 31st (postmark deadline).
These scholarships will be presented at the Scholarship Luncheon during the NABA Central Region Student Conference that will be held Oct. 11-13, 2018 at the Sheraton Westport Chalet Hotel, 191 Westport Plaza, St. Louis, Missouri 63146. Recipients are required to attend. The actual cash awards will be made after receipt of proof of enrollment for the period(s) covered by the award.
Please submit the following:
- A completed NABA Scholarship Application (NSA). Please type your responses, including "N/A" for items that are not applicable to you. The application MUST be completed in its entirety and submitted.
- An official current academic transcript (through the most recently completed semester). You must request that your University’s registrar forward the transcript directly to you or the Scholarship Chair indicated below. We will not accept student copies or other unofficial transcripts. Most schools assess a nominal service charge to send official transcripts.
- A clear copy of Student/Permanent Resident Visa (only if applicant IS NOT a United States citizen).
- A current resume.
- Two (2) current letters of recommendation. The letters must be from a member of the accounting/business faculty school you attend. The letters must be signed and on company letterhead if applicable. Please note your letters of recommendation is subject to verification (audit) by the scholarship committee.
- Provide two (2) personal biographies within the same document:
- Section A: A brief biography of 100 words or less to be given to the scholarship donor in the event you are selected as a scholarship recipient. Please include your school, major, NABA participation, and internships held (if applicable).
- Section B: A personal biography of 500 words or less. Your biography should specifically discuss your career objectives, leadership abilities, community activities, and your involvement in NABA (include any offices held, exceptional achievements, and/or special recognition).
- Be African American (Black) or of African descent.
- Be an ACTIVE NABA member, whose membership dues have been received by NABA's National Office by the date of the conference. Dues are $35.00 for undergraduate or graduate students. Special Note: Regardless of the circumstances, once becoming a professional member, you are not permitted to return to student status. Graduate students must have entered graduate school immediately after receiving their undergraduate degree.
- Be currently enrolled at a United States college or university as a full-time (12 semester hours or equivalent), undergraduate freshman, sophomore, junior, or first-year senior accounting, finance, or business major or be a full-time graduate student (9 semester hours or equivalent) enrolled or accepted into a master’s-level business program. Distribution of funds to high school awardees will occur upon documentation of student membership and entry into college or university.
- Meet the minimum grade point average requirement in your major and overall as shown below. Please provide a conversion of your grades to the “4.0 grading scale” if your college or university does not use this scale.