NABA Eastern Region Student Conference Scholarship Program
Sponsor: NABA Eastern Region
Open Date: Apr 15, 2021
Open Time: midnight
Close Date: Jul 15, 2021
Close Time: 11:59 p.m.
Since inception, the National Association of Black Accountants, Inc. (NABA) has provided millions in scholarship funds to deserving students. Through the generous contributions of individuals, groups, and organizations that share NABA's desire to break through the economic barrier minorities often experience, NABA has offered scholarships on a national, regional and local level.
Scholarship applications will be accepted from April 15th - July 15th.
These scholarships will be presented during the NABA Virtual Student Conference that will be held on August 12-13, 2021. The actual cash awards will be made after receipt of proof of enrollment for the period(s) covered by the award.
Please submit the following:
- A completed NABA Scholarship Application (NSA). Please type your responses, including "N/A" for items that are not applicable to you. The application MUST be completed in its entirety and submitted.
- Please combine transcripts from all colleges/universities attended into one file before uploading. Please upload in PDF format only. You may submit your official transcript via email or via US mail or may upload your official or unofficial transcript through the scholarship application portal. Please provide email and phone number of issuing department's ofice for follow-up (i.e. Registrar's Office).
- A current resume.
- Two (2) current letters of recommendation. The letters must be from a member of the accounting/business faculty school you attend. The letters must be signed and on company letterhead if applicable. Please note that you do not need to obtain and upload the letters of recommendation yourself. The application system will automatically request the letters of recommendation from the individuals you specify in your application. Your letters of recommendation are subject to verification (audit) by the scholarship committee.
- Provide two (2) personal biographies within the same document:
- Please upload a personal biography of 75 words or less in Word format only. If you are awarded a scholarship, this brief bio may be listed in NABA promotional materials or publications. Be sure to check spelling, grammar, and use complete sentences. List any academic accolades or memberships.
- Be African American (Black) or of African descent.
- Be an ACTIVE NABA member, whose membership dues have been received by NABA's National Office no later than July 15th, 2021. Dues are $35.00 for undergraduate or graduate students. Special Note: Regardless of the circumstances, once becoming a professional member, you are not permitted to return to student status. Graduate students must have entered graduate school immediately after receiving their undergraduate degree.
- Be currently enrolled at a United States college or university as a full-time (12 semester hours or equivalent), undergraduate freshman, sophomore, junior, or first-year senior accounting, finance, or business major or be a full-time graduate student (9 semester hours or equivalent) enrolled or accepted into a master’s-level business program. Distribution of funds to high school awardees will occur upon documentation of student membership and entry into college or university.
- Have a major and overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale. Please provide a conversion of your grades to the “4.0 grading scale” if your college or university does not use this scale.
Contact Information: email@example.com