NABA Eastern Region Student Conference Scholarship Program
Sponsor: NABA Eastern Region
Open Date: Jan 22, 2019
Close Date: Jun 23, 2019
Close Time: 11:59 p.m.
Since inception, the National Association of Black Accountants, Inc. (NABA) has provided millions in scholarship funds to deserving students. Through the generous contributions of individuals, groups, and organizations that share NABA's desire to break through the economic barriers African-American (Black) or an individuals of African descent often experience, NABA has offered scholarships on a national, regional and local level.
NABA Eastern Region Scholarship applications will be accepted in their entirety if completed online by 11:59PM on Sunday, June 23, 2019. Transcripts must be postmarked Sunday, June 23, 2019 to be accepted. Recipients are required to attend the Eastern Region Student Conference (ERSC) September 26 – September 28, 2019 in Baltimore, MD. In addition, all recipients are required to attend the Scholars Reception and Luncheon during the 2019 ERSC. Actual cash awards will be made immediately following the breakfast.
- NABA Eastern Region Scholarships
- CPA Review Scholarships
- Corporate Partner Scholarships
CPA Review courses are non-cash awards and will be presented by November 2018. Cash awards will be distributed once proof of enrollment is received.
A NABA Eastern Region Student Scholarship Application must be completed via the Eastern Region online portal. Please type your responses in each field, including "N/A" for items that are not applicable to you. The application MUST be completed in its entirety online. The following items must be submitted as prescribed below:
- An essay of a minimum of 500 words (maximum 750)
- An OFFICIAL current Academic Transcript (at least through Spring 2019 semester/quarter). You must request that your University's registrar forward the transcript to the application submission address which is listed below. Only transcripts sealed by your University's registrar will be accepted. We will not accept copies or other unofficial transcripts. Most schools assess a nominal service charge to send official transcripts, which will remain the applicant's responsibility
- NOTE: Applicants can also request to have their unofficial transcript e-mailed by their school’s Registrar’s Office to email@example.com
- An UNOFFICIAL current Academic Transcript (at least through Spring 2019 semester/quarter) should be UPLOADED
- Two letters of recommendation from professional references (e.g. faculty member, current/former employer, professional mentor, NABA professional, etc.). Letters must detail at minimum the applicant’s academic performance and/or work ethnic in order to help determine the applicant’s eligibility
NOTE: Applicants must request both recommenders to submit letters directly via the online portal prior to the deadline. Letters submitted by students will not be accepted. Each recommender should provide a letter with a hand-written signature.
- A current resume that has been reviewed and approved by a NABA professional. At a minimum, resumes should include: education history, detailed work experience, extracurricular activities (including NABA involvement), and awards/accomplishments. Applicants should provide dates for all items included in the resume. All information on the resume should agree to information provided within the application (ie: academic information including GPA, activities, dates of involvement, etc). Applications with discrepancies in information will not be considered.
- A short bio. Please provide a brief personal biography/introduction that includes academic achievements and involvement in NABA as well as why you should be selected to receive the scholarship.
- Applicants who are not US citizens should be prepared to provide a copy of their permanent resident visa, if requested.
- All materials above must be submitted via the online portal by Sunday, June 23, 2019 for your application to be considered. OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT should be postmarked by Sunday, June 23, 2018 and MAILED to:
2301 Market Street, 12th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19103
It is your responsibility to ensure that your registrar has enough time to get the required items to you or NABA. We can only accept original transcripts. Faxed materials will not be accepted. NABA is not responsible for items lost or improperly handled by the mail carrier services. We will send confirmation emails within a week of receipt. Please plan carefully so that your application receives the consideration that it deserves. Questions should be directed to Ashlei Pope and Whitney Russell, ERSC Scholarship Committee Chairs, via email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants are responsible for reviewing their application PRIOR to submission. Incomplete applications, including applications without both letters of recommendation, WILL NOT be considered.
- Provide a complete application package by the deadline.
- Be of African-American (Black) or of African descent.
- Be an ACTIVE NABA student member, whose membership dues have been received by NABA's National Office no later than August 30, 2019. Dues are $35.00 for undergraduate and graduate students.
- Be registered for the 2019 Eastern Region Student Conference by August 30, 2019.
- Attend the entire NABA Eastern Region Student Conference in 2019 including the Scholars Reception and Scholarship Breakfast in order to receive funding unless prior written authorization is received from the NABA Eastern Region Student Conference Scholarship Chair.
- Be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university with a minimum of six (6) completed semester hours (or equivalent) of accounting or business credits towards your undergraduate freshman, sophomore, junior, or first-year senior accounting, finance, or business major. Graduating seniors and graduate students may apply for the CPA Review Scholarship only.
- Meet the minimum overall grade point average requirement of 3.0. Please provide a conversion of your grades to the "4.0 grading scale" if your college or university does not use this scale.
- All applicants must provide proof of enrollment to an accredited college or university with a minimum of six (6) registered semester hours (or equivalent) for the Fall 2019 semester, unless receiving a CPA Review Scholarship.