NABA Greater Hartford Chapter Scholarship
Sponsor: NABA Greater Hartford Chapter Scholarship Committee
Open Date: Feb 20, 2019
Open Time: midnight
Close Date: Apr 05, 2019
Close Time: midnight
It is with great pleasure that the Greater Hartford Chapter of the National Association of Black Accountants, Inc., announces its annual NABA GHC Scholarship Essay Contest.
The National Association of Black Accountants Inc. was established in 1969 in New York, NY. In December of 1969, an organization was established to address the concerns of minorities entering the accounting profession and to make a commitment to professional and academic excellence. Since its inception, National Association of Black Accountants Inc. has strived to be a positive and motivational force in the inner-city community.
The Greater Hartford Chapter of NABA was established in the summer of 2005 in order to build on the Association’s motto of “Lifting As We Climb” by taking the fundamental objectives and philosophies of the Association and applying them to the Greater Hartford and New Haven, CT and Springfield, MA areas. Through the generous contributions of individuals, corporate sponsors, and organizations that share NABA’s vision, NABA GHC Scholarship Committee has approved up to $10,000 in scholarships to be awarded to various candidates majoring in business at one of Southern and Western New England’s two or four year Colleges or Universities. These scholarship awards are open to both undergraduate and graduate candidates. The awarded must be, at the time of the award, a full-time student in good standing. The recipients of these scholarships will be honored at the 10th Annual NABA Night of Stars Scholarship and Awards Celebration.
Completed applications must be postmarked no later than April 5, 2019. Applications postmarked after this deadline will not be considered.
Scholarships up to $1,000 will be awarded to students selected by the NABA Greater Hartford Chapter Scholarship Committee.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited two or four year Western New England College or University as a full-time Undergraduate (12 semester hours or equivalent) or Graduate (9 semester hours or equivalent) student at the time of award. Graduate students must have entered graduate school immediately after receiving their undergraduate degree. Selected recipients are strongly encouraged to attend the 9th Annual NABA Night of Stars Scholarship and Awards Celebration. Current high school students are not eligible.
- Applicant must demonstrate one of the following – Need, Academic Excellence or Civic Responsibility in their Community.
- The application MUST be completed in its entirety, submitted with the items listed below. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applicants must be of African-American (Black) or of African descent.
- Completed application form with full contact information (i.e., address home and school, phone number, email address, etc.).
- Completed application with ONE essay (typed, double spaced, 500-750 words).
- Personal statement describing your involvement in NABA, your career objectives, leadership abilities, and community activities (no more than 100 words).
- One letter of recommendation (not from a relative).
- Official copy of most recent transcript.
SCHOLARSHIP RETRIEVAL:The actual cash awards will be made after receipt of proof of enrollment for the period(s) covered by the award. Deadline for application is April 5, 2019. Applications postmarked after this date will not be considered