Amount: Up to $1,000
Sponsor: NABA Jacksonville Chapter
Open Date: Jan 10, 2017
Close Date: Mar 10, 2017
Close Time: 11:59 p.m.
Award Date: April 21, 2017
NABA Jacksonville is proud to continue with its tradition of supporting education in our community. We encourage you to apply for the 2017 NABA Jacksonville Scholarships. This packet contains scholarship requirements and the application form.
NABA Jacksonville is granting scholarships (up to $1,000) to students meeting the requirements below. Applications must be submitted no later than 11:59 PM EST March 10, 2017.
The scholarships will be presented at the Spring Awards Banquet in Jacksonville, Florida on April 21, 2017. Recipients are required to attend the reception in order to receive their scholarship payment. CPA review course scholarships will be presented at the awards banquet, but cash awards will be distributed after NABA Jacksonville receives proof of enrollment for the period(s) covered by the award.
Application Directions: All applicants must complete a scholarship application online by March 10, 2017 no later than 11:59 PM EST. A student may save his/her application and make changes up to the deadline.
Required Application Information: The following information is required:
- Completed NABA Jacksonville Chapter Scholarship Application.
- A current Academic Transcript (through the Fall 2016 semester). An unofficial transcript must be submitted with the application. If selected as a scholarship recipient, an official transcript must be received before funds are released.
- A clear copy of Student/Permanent Resident Visa (only if applicant IS NOT a United States citizen).
- A Current Resume.
- One Letter of Recommendation. From either a member of the accounting/business faculty at your college/university or from a non-relative who is familiar with your academic and/or professional performance (i.e. employer, advisor, etc.).
- An Essay Response of 500 words or less. As a millennial, describe what positive change you will bring to the workforce and what will you do to help shape the future of the accounting and finance profession.
- Personal Introduction & Professional Photo: If awarded a scholarship, your personal introduction will be included in the NABA Jacksonville Awards Banquet Program book. Prepare your biography in the following format with a maximum of 75 words. Suggested format: Mr./Ms. XXX is a senior management major at The University of NABA. He/she has a 4.0 GPA in his/her major and a 3.8 GPA overall. He/she is the Financial Director of his/her school's NABA student chapter. His/her academic achievements include the Presidential Award and the XYZ Scholarship.