2018 NABA New York Chapter Scholarship
Sponsor: NABA New York Chapter
Open Date: Jan 08, 2018
Close Date: Mar 18, 2018
Close Time: 11:59 p.m.
Since 1969, the National Association of Black Accountants, Inc. (NABA) has provided millions in scholarship funds to deserving students. Through the generous contributions of individuals and partnering organizations that share NABA’s desire to break through the economic barriers that minority students often experience, NABA has had the ability to reward academic excellence. Each year, NABA offers scholarships on a national, regional and local level to students.
In 2017, NABA New York provided more than $30,000 in scholarships, ranging from $1,000-$6,000. NABA New York Scholarship applications will be accepted in their entirety if completed online by 11:59PM on March 15, 2018. Also, transcripts and letters of recommendation must be emailed by this date to be accepted.
Recipients are required to attend the 38th Annual Scholarship & Awards Gala on June 6th 2018. Actual cash awards will be paid in two halves, one in the Fall 2018 semester and again in Spring 2019. Students must prove full time enrollment (12 credits minimum is considered full time) in both semesters in order to receive the full award. If a scholarship winner is not enrolled full time, their scholarship award will be pro-rated based on the number of credits registered in a semester. CPA Review courses are non-cash awards and will be presented by September/October 2018.
Applicant Criteria & Instructions:
- Be an African-American (Black) or an individual of African descent who is an undergraduate accounting or business major. The CPA review scholarship(s) are available to a graduating senior or graduate student in his/her last year.
- Be a PAID NABA student member, whose membership dues have been received by NABA's National Office no later than December 31, 2017. Dues are $35.00 for undergraduate or graduate students. Special Note: Regardless of the circumstances, once becoming a professional member, you are not permitted to return to student status. Graduate students must have entered graduate school immediately after receiving their undergraduate degree.
- You must attend the 38th Annual Scholarship & Awards Gala on June 6th 2018 to receive funding.
- Be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university with a minimum of six (6) completed semester hours (or equivalent) of accounting or business credits towards your undergraduate freshman, sophomore, junior, or first-year senior accounting, finance, or business major. Graduating seniors and graduate students may apply for the CPA Review Scholarship.
- Meet the minimum overall grade point average requirement of 3.0. Please provide a conversion of your grades to the "4.0 grading scale" if your college or university does not use this scale.
- Provide ALL of the information requested in the application to be considered. The complete application must be received by the stated due date of March 15, 2018.