NABA Pittsburgh Chapter
Sponsor: NABA Inc., Pittsburgh Chapter
Open Date: Jan 15, 2018
Close Date: Mar 31, 2018
Since inception, the National Association of Black Accountants, Inc. (NABA) has provided millions in scholarship funds to deserving students. Through the generous contributions of individuals, groups, and organizations that share NABA's desire to break through the economic barriers African-American (Black) or an individuals of African descent often experience, NABA has offered scholarships on a national, regional and local level. NABA Inc. Pittsburgh Chapter Scholarship applications will be accepted in their entirety if completed online by 11:59PM on Friday, March 31, 2018.
A NABA Inc., Pittsburgh Chapter Student Scholarship Application must be completed via the AICPA online portal. Please type your responses in each field, including "N/A" for items that are not applicable to you. The application MUST be completed in its entirety online. The following items must be submitted as prescribed below:
- An essay of a minimum of 500 words (maximum 750).
- An updated resume. At a minimum, resumes should include: education history, detailed work experience, extracurricular activities (including NABA involvement), and awards/accomplishments. Applicants should provide dates for all items included in the resume.
- Obtain recommendation letter from a current NABA Professional member.
- Applicants who are not US citizens should be prepared to provide a copy of their permanent resident visa, if requested.
- All materials above must be submitted via the online portal by Friday, March 31, 2018 for your application to be considered.
- Be an ACTIVE NABA student member, whose membership dues have been received by NABA's National Office no later than March 31, 2018.
- Be an ACTIVE NABA student member, affiliated with the NABA Inc., Pittsburgh Chapter.
- Be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university with a minimum of six (6) completed semester hours (or equivalent) of accounting or business credits towards your undergraduate freshman, sophomore, junior, or first-year senior accounting, finance, or business major.
- Provide a complete application package by the deadline.
- Meet the minimum overall grade point average requirement of 3.0. Please provide a conversion of your grades to the "4.0 grading scale" if your college or university does not use this scale.