NABA Southern Region Student Conference Scholarship
Sponsor: NABA Southern Region
Open Date: Apr 01, 2019
Close Date: May 31, 2019
Close Time: 11:59 p.m.
The National Association of Black Accountants, Inc - Southern Region is proud to offer scholarships to deserving NABA student members. These scholarships are made possible through the generous contributions of our sponsors.
The gift of scholarship assumes an obligation on the part of the recipient to use that investment wisely to prepare for the upcoming semester. The following is expected of all scholarship recipients:
- Prepare a thank you note to scholarship provider
- Continue NABA membership throughout college
The scholarship deadline is May 31, 2019!
All applicants must submit a completed scholarship application by May 31, 2019 at 11:59 pm EST. A student may save his/her application and make changes up to May 31, 2019 at 11:59 pm EST.
Applicants Must Provide the Following Application Materials:
- Completed online Scholarship Application - The application must be completed in its entirety and submitted by May 31, 2019.
- Essay Questions - Please write and upload responses to the following:
- In a minimum of 100 words describe how you will use your education to serve your community.
- The top skills needed today in the accounting profession include: Communications, Leadership, Strategic/Critical Thinking & Problem Solving, Anticipating & Serving Evolving Needs, Integration & Collaboration, and Tech-savy/Data Analytics. Select two of these skills which you identify as strengths you possess. Discuss how you display these skills currently, and why you think they will contribute to your future in the profession.
- Resume - Upload a current resume. Recommended to use the Southern Region approved resume template, as it must include all relevant school information and work experience. Resume templates can be found HERE.
- Transcript - Applicants must electronically submit an official transcript with their application. The transcript must include final grades as of Spring Semester 2019. Note: Upon notification of selection to be awarded a scholarship, recipients will be required to provide an official sealed transcript onsite at the student conference on Thursday, September 29, 2019.
- Photo - Upload a current professional or like professional headshot of yourself. Photos should be in color.
- References - Name and email address of two references to provide each a letter of recommendation. Note: Please notify the individuals (i.e. faculty, employer, professional NABA member) who will be providing your reference letters. References will be contacted via email with instructions on how to provide their letter of recommendation.
- Optional Video - Using a video recording device share with us a response to one of the topics below. Choose only one and provide your response in 60 seconds. This is optional. Your participation is appreciated.
- How will this scholarship help you accomplish your educational goals?
- The mission of NABA, Inc. is to build leaders that shape the future of the accounting and finance profession with a commitment to inspire the same in their successors. What is your current level of involvement with your local NABA chapter and how can NABA count on you to be a leader and inspire others through your continued participation?
An eligible applicant must be/have:
- African-American (Black) or of African descent.
- An ACTIVE NABA student member, whose membership dues have been received by the NABA Southern Region or NABA's National Office no later than May 31, 2019. If you are unsure of your membership status, please call the NABA National Office prior to the deadline. Note Graduate students must have entered graduate school immediately after receiving their undergraduate degree to be eligible for a scholarship.
- Currently enrolled at a four-year accredited college or university in the Southern Region as a full-time (12 semester hours or equivalent), undergraduate, accounting, finance, or business major or a full-time graduate student (9 semester hours or equivalent) enrolled or accepted into a master’s-level business program.
- Note: Current high school students are not eligible.
- Registered for the NABA Southern Region Student Conference.
- Meet a minimum grade point average of 3.25 (major and overall).
Terms of AgreementBy submitting this application, I hereby certify that:
- I have met all requirements as outlined and acknowledge that misrepresentation of the information presented may be grounds to rescind the scholarship award. I also agree to inform the scholarship committee of any significant changes to that information.
- I will use the proceeds of the scholarship received for the payment of tuition, required fees, room and board, and/or required materials only.
- I agree to the release of official transcripts of my grades and financial aid to the National Association of Black Accountants, Inc., Southern Region.
- If I am awarded a scholarship, I will provide satisfactory evidence, as required by NABA, of my full-time enrollment during the period(s) for the scholarship is awarded.
- I understand that submission of this application constitutes permission to use my name and/or photograph for promotional purposes.
- I will provide a written thanks to the scholarship provider.